Resetting your career to pursue a life of your design provides its challenges. Those challenges are unique to each individual, but there are certainly frameworks we can utilize to help guide our progress to overcome them.
Andrew Ash shares his most powerful framework, which we’ll call “Playing the Numbers Game” for us on today’s episode. You’ll get the opportunity to see how playing this game has led him from a career as an actor in New York City to creating a new life of Empjoyment as soon-to-be-married Software engineer at Amazon in Seattle.
Subscribe to listen to this episode as we discuss how to:
- Determine your transferable skills from a prior role, industry, company to your new opportunity
- Utilize several tools to get clarity on how to figure how that you want from your work experiences
- Prepare for your interview based on the specific roles you’re looking for rather than general readiness
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Your greatest gift and ability as a person isn’t any particular skill but rather than you can reinvent yourself overnight whenever and how often you choose
- Maximize your job search efforts by figuring out what you want from your next role, identifying the gaps that you have to get there, and then ignoring the distractions and suggestions that don’t align
- Approach your bootcamp decision based on whether what you’ll get based on reported statistics actually will get you to where you want to be
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
Andrew encourages to picture EXACTLY what we want from our work and life. Not what is easy. Not what you feel you should want. But what you actually feel would bring you happiness – and then go for that.
#Joyney34: To bring what you want to life, Andrew suggested we take our end vision and work backwards to understand what we need to do now. Breakdown your goals based on where you are right now and come share the very next step you’ll take with us in the Empjoyment Community!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Learn more about Andrew’s bootcamp: Fullstack Academy
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Andrew Ash!
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.