Getting things done quickly in a tech company is one of the gold standards to success. But how do you manage to do that when you’re just one person and there are multiple priorities that people have within the organization.
Maren Engh, today’s featured Empjoyee, dives into her experience implementing large-scale projects within her role as a Customer Education Manager at Optimizely.
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Build relationships with CEO and other influential people through social media and email
- Take advantage of the personalized learning trends that are emerging in online learning to augment your skills faster
- Drive a large scale project from idea through completion in 1-2 quarters (tech speak for 3-6 months)
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Reach out to people in the way that they want to communicate, not just what’s best for you.
- Detail all the various tasks needed to complete a project so you build buy-in with all stakeholders in the project from the outset and avoid roadblocks near completion
- Focus on short, targeted just-in-time online training to help you accomplish a specific result rather than large training modules to maximize your completion rate with online courses and accomplish your end goals faster
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“Just do it!” – Nike
Maren shared a number of best practices to help you not only select you next online learning experience, but also make the most of it so you can apply it in your life and see tangible results and growth.
Your Joyney: Come share with us the best online learning experience (course, group, coaching, etc.) you’ve taken and what went made that experience so impactful within the Empjoyment Community (conversation hashtag: #joyney13)
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Online Courses: Udemy.com | Coursera.com | Lynda.com
- Find out more about Maren’s Company: Optimizely
- Connect with Maren on LinkedIn
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Maren Engh!
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.