Amanda Oliver shares how she remained fearless after submitting 2000 applications and 260 interviews and still getting passed over.
This episode is all about how you can move past your own personal “rock bottom” to experience a role where your unique talents are recognized, appreciated, and valued.
Subscribe to listen to this episode as we discuss how to:
- Determine your transferable skills from a prior role, industry, company to your new opportunity
- Utilize several tools to get clarity on how to figure how that you want from your work experiences
- Trust your intuition without guidance and a detailed call to action from your manager
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Remaining fearless in the midst of rejection and difficult times empowers you to choose the direction of the next chapter in your life and work.
- Trust yourself– you know what you’re looking for out of your work experience, so just go for it
- Always bring your past experience and skills to the table – when you operate from your full self, your unique genius and value-add has room to surface.
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
Amanda encourages use to do what it is that makes us forget about everything else and implores us to be honest in that process. We also discussed a number of different ways to answer that question for yourself?
#Joyney32: What is one tactic that you will use to identify what you truly love, so you can do more of it at work? Share it with us in the Empjoyment Community!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Are you ready to experience Empjoyment as well? Schedule your complimentary 1-on-1 possibility exploration experience today
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Amanda Oliver!
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.