Today’s conversation with Danilo Vicioso explores how you can create, discover, and explore opportunities for your career growth, even when it doesn’t look you you have any other options available to you.
Danilo’s story is full of going against the odds to create empjoyment and doing so right now in the current moment (rather than waiting for circumstances, permission, or approval from friends/family).
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Move forward toward your own definition of empjoyment even when you’re already experiencing what others might consider success
- Recover from being turned down from a job opportunity when you feel you have no other options available to you (and how to uncover all of the options that actually exist for you)
- Build your own company right now while working at a job or learning at school
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Take it upon yourself to surround yourself with people and environments that will fuel you in a positive direction, even when it’s unpopular to do so
- Remind yourself there are always more opportunities available for you – some of which you might have to create for yourself through bold decisions and actions
- Offer your skills and talents to others to feel a higher level of joy, purpose, and impact through your work
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danilo’s recommended joyney for the next 7 days is quite simple: “Find one person who is in a role that you want and schedule a 15-20 minute conversation with them”.
#Joyney29: Come tell us your biggest insight from the conversation that you had within Empjoyment Community. (Nice and simple!)
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Get to know Danilo’s startup : Influencia.io |Media buying solutions for influencer marketing
- Connect with Danilo on LinkedIn
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Danilo Vicioso!
Danilo Vicioso is a American Dominican who graduates from the University of Delaware in 2018 with a degree in Economics.
After working on his own startup for the first five years of his business life, he began learning about the tech industry in the Fall of 2016 and made the transition the next summer.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.