Anna Jordan (Higher Education Admissions to Implementation Consultant) shows us the opportunity that comes from being a career changer who is underestimated…and then over delivers on today’s episode.
Listen to this episode now to learn how to:
- Become a subject matter expert on a specific topic within your first months on the job
- Add value to your clients and organization as an implementation consultant through a hypothetical project example
- Deal with criticism (both internal and external) driven by being new to your role or industry
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Be honest about what you know and don’t know – the expectation isn’t to know 100% of everything, but to be resourceful in figuring out options
- Don’t assume that the next promotion you get will automatically give you empjoyment – take the time to understand the key aspects and responsibilities of the role to ensure they are aligned with where you’re looking to head next.
- It’s OK to plan and move towards your goal with calculated risks and incremental actions taken consistently over a period of time
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
Anna’s Mantra: “The Best experiences are either below or above your paygrade AND out of your comfort zone ”
Your Joyney: Share with us one time that you have been underestimated in a work setting and the way that you over-delivered and exceeded expectations within the Empjoyment Community (use hastag #joyney22 )!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Check out opportunities at Anna’s company: Tyler Technologies
- Connect with Anna on LinkedIn
- Are you ready to experience Empjoyment as well? Schedule your complimentary 1-on-1 possibility exploration experience today
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Anna Jordan!
Anna Jordan graduated from Shippensburg University in 2014 with an MS in Organizational Development and Leadership and from Gettysburg College in 2006 with a BA in Psychology.
Anna has held many positions in education from teaching to admissions. After grad school Anna found herself wanting to go in another direction but did not have a clear sense of where, she did a short stint in supply chain management before joining Tyler Technologies in 2015 where she works as an implementation consultant for Court related software.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.