One of the challenges to experiencing empjoyment each and every day is knowing what it is that will actually bring you that level of satisfaction.
People come across their means of finding enjoyment through employment through a variety of ways, yet at the end of the day though, having clarity on what brings you joy in life and at work lays the foundation for the rest of your experience.
Dorianne St. Fleur, our featured Empjoyee, shares the process and questions she utilizes to empower others, especially women, to navigate their careers and be fulfilled at work by first understanding what it is that they want at their core.
Listen to this episode now to learn how Dorianne:
- Navigates the transition from being a top performer in her role in the finance industry she knew well to finding her way to similar levels of success in tech
- Shares how “fast-paced” work environments have differed throughout her experience in tech industry and finance
- Empowers women to take charge of their career and obtain the career fulfillment they are working towards
TL;DL (Too long; Didn’t Listen): 3 Actionable Takeaways
- Take the time this week to figure out what is it that you want to be doing and the reason why that drives that choiceour career journey
- Align with what it is at your core that you want to be doing versus tying your next move to a specific role, title or company
- Be open and honest with yourself and vulnerable with the people around to share what you are struggling with and obtain feedback, support, and advice
But wait there’s more! Share your #1 takeaway with today’s featured Empjoyee and other Empjoyees in the Empjoyment community!
From Insight to Action
“I don’t gamble but the one thing I’m willing to bet on is myself” – Beyonce
#Joyney28: Come share with us as detailed a description as you’ll allow youself of what you would like to be doing to experience empjoyment and why that would bring you joy within the Empjoyment Community!
Additional Resources to Accelerate your Growth
- Get help through Dorianne’s career resources at Your Career Girl
- Connect with Dorianne on LinkedIn
- Learn how you can incorporate vulnerability to benefit your life & work through Brene Brown’s book Daring Greatly
- Continue the discussion with other tech career changers who have been in your shoes in the Empjoyment Community
Getting to Know Today’s Featured Empjoyee: Dorianne St. Fleur!
Dorianne St Fleur graduated from Spelman College in Atlanta, GA in 2005 with a bachelors of arts in Psychology.
Dorianne started her career in Sales & Trading Operations at Goldman Sachs before making a switch to their Human Resources.
She’s since gone on to work in HR departments at other global banks and as of November 2016 has transitioned into the HR team at an advertising tech company.
Spread the Joy to Help Others Experience Empjoyment
Kudos to you for taking another step towards experiencing enjoyment through employment through today’s episode.
If you find this podcast helpful, we would greatly appreciate if you took a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to helping new Empjoyees know that this is a podcast that really has their interest at heart. Plus, we read each and every one personally!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode, share the episode with one person you know who would benefit from today’s episode, and let us know if you’d like to share your story as a featured Empjoyee to help others learn from your experience too.